Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing genuine hospitality and by exceeding guest expectations. Responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our guest needs and make them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed. Banquet Server will follow through with the proper and timely set-up and execution of banquet events. Maintain a high degree of professionalism. Maintain all equipment and facilities in an organized, clean, safe environment.
Banquet Server Job Description/Responsibilities:
• Prepares room for dining by clothing tables and setting decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates, and utensils.
• Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
• Helps patrons select food and beverages by presenting menu; offering cocktails and aperitifs; suggesting courses; explaining the chef's specialties; identifying appropriate wines; answering food preparation questions.
• Transmits orders to bar and kitchen by recording patrons' choices; identifying patrons' special dietary needs and special requests.
• Keeps kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression.
• Serves orders by picking up and delivering patrons' choices from bar and kitchen; delivering accompaniments and condiments from service bars.
• Responds to additional patron requirements by inquiring of needs; observing dining process.
• Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert to patron spills or other special needs.
• Concludes dining experience by acknowledging choice of restaurant; inviting patrons to return.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 40Ibs via serving tray.
Skills and Qualifications
High School diploma or equivalent preferred. Previous banquet service or catering experience required. Excellent oral communication skills required. Positive interpersonal skills required. Must speak English fluently and be able to write in basic English.